Weekly Feature

2017-10-12 / Editorial

Out of the Past 20 Years Ago - Oct. 16, 1997


GIFT GIVER — In 1927, Harry Yates made a gift of 5 acres, located on the south shore of Green Lake, to the Girl Scouts of America. He is pictured, far right, on the day of the dedication of that camp. He also gave the land for St. John’s Lutheran Church and its cemetery, and the land on which the library was later constructed. 
Photo courtesy of “Images of America: Orchard Park” by Suzanne Kulp and Joseph Bieron GIFT GIVER — In 1927, Harry Yates made a gift of 5 acres, located on the south shore of Green Lake, to the Girl Scouts of America. He is pictured, far right, on the day of the dedication of that camp. He also gave the land for St. John’s Lutheran Church and its cemetery, and the land on which the library was later constructed. Photo courtesy of “Images of America: Orchard Park” by Suzanne Kulp and Joseph Bieron Voters approved the Orchard Park School District’s almost $5.2 million facilities project Tuesday by a vote of 1,125 to 270.

The Western New York Developmental Disabilities Service Office has been given the green light for a group home on Milestrip Road. The home will be located at 6566 Milestrip near Provincetown Lane.

Removal of the cluster and planned unit development sections from the Town of Orchard Park’s zoning ordinance may be discussed this week.

The Orchard Park Quakers field hockey team has a rough week ahead, as they must win two of their final four games to qualify for the playoffs.

Return to top